1. In Mexico, instead of the tooth fairy (a mythical creature, collecting fallen milk teeth) "works" tooth mouse.
2. The hardest substance in the human body - enamel.
3. Every second American, the most memorable first impression on a person believes a smile.
4. The most expensive tooth was sold for 4,650 dollars and then bought him an aristocrat put it inring. It happened in 1727, after the death of the famous Sir Isaac Newton, and to whom belonged to the tooth.
5. In ancient Rome, some citizens were engaged in bleaching teeth with urine. As we see, Malakhov had enough at that time.
6. As the first toothbrushes were used sticks with raspushennymi tips.
7. The first toothpaste in a tube format - Dr. Shefield's Creme Dentifrice, released in 1892.
8. 60% of people over the age of 65 years can boast a complete set of your own teeth.
9. Only in America each year bought 53 million liters of toothpaste, which can be filled up30 Olympic swimming pools.
10. Incidentally, the title of "baby teeth" gave Hippocrates, who was convinced that the very first baby's teethformed from the milk.
11. The first electric toothbrush was patented in Switzerland after World War II.She worked from the mains. While many, this idea seemed strange, but an electric toothbrushquickly gained popularity. Now 12% of people around the world use an electric toothbrush.
12. People who brush their teeth three times a day, less likely to suffer from excess weight. This conclusionJapanese scientists. It is reported that they learned a way of life 14 thousand people.
13. 99% of calcium in the body is in the teeth and bones.
14. Have you ever wondered how many times can you re-invent the toothbrush?Imagine, according to statistics from the 60-ies, was patented more than 3000 models of toothbrushes!
15. Stores in Rhode Island (USA) law prohibits selling toothbrushes on Saturday.